A global alternative investment management firm is seeking to hire an Assistant Controller for the Structured Products group. This position would be within the Mortgage-Backed Securities division.
- Liaise with the fund administrators for shadowing of the books, preparation of monthly estimates, ensuring NAV is correct, working on the financial statements, valuations of the portfolio, yearly audit etc.
- Review and approval of month end accounting records from administrator and full set of parallel books and records
- Responsible for portfolio valuation review and coordination with administrator
- Responsible for the review of financial statements and timely completion of audit
- Review of fund’s capital calls and distributions, and fund expense payments and budgeting
- Provide corporate accounting department with regular reporting of revenues, AUM and performance
- Liaise with other functional areas within the Firm aswell as outside service providers
- Ad-Hoc requests and special projects as necessary
- Seven to eight years of relevant experience in a corporate environment in the financial services industry
- Fund accounting experience
- Licensed CPA
- Individual must be extremely detail oriented with strong drive and initiative
- Individual must be collaborative to effectively liaise with various internal departments
- A forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards