A credit fund with $300+ in AUM is looking to hire a Controller. The position will report directly to the CFO. The firm would like to hire a first time Controller. This will be an opportunity to see all non-investment activities including accounting and operations.
- Oversee the overall operations of the fund including trade operations, trade break resolution, and oversight of financing and margin requirements.
- Review the accounting treatment for all investments including bank debt (primarily term loans and revolvers), high yield bonds, convertible bonds, and equities.
- Work with analysts/auditors/third party valuation agents to develop appropriate valuation methodologies to align with the requirements of a Qualified Professional Asset Manager. This includes serving as a member of the valuation committee and the review of the portfolio prior to the release of the monthly NAV.
- Review taxable income, tax allocations, K-1’s, PFIC statements, and tax returns for the management company and the hedge fund group.
- Interface with current and potential investors and conduct operational due diligence and marketing meetings.
- Review and approve the funds’ month-end financial and investor statements while maintaining an internal shadow accounting system.
- Manage the completion of the annual GAAP audited financial statements for the funds in partnership with auditors and fund administrator.
- 2 to 5 years of public accounting, fund administration or direct industry experience
- Accounting degree required
- Partnership accounting experience a plus
- CPA or parts passed preferred