An Alternative Investment manager with private equity, public equity and private credit strategies, seeks to hire a Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position will report to the Head of FP&A.
- Monitor status of monthly, quarterly, and annual portfolio company financial updates and ensure financials are saved down and circulated to appropriate team for monitoring
- Work with agents on missing information or follow up questions
- Assess portfolio company performance through review of financial statements, attendance on lender update calls, and discussions with company’s management, as needed
- Prepare financial update flash summaries and monitoring reports
- Maintain database of key investment metrics (both position-level and company-level)
- Perform quarterly valuation analysis of illiquid investments
- Liaise with valuation firms on external valuations
- Prepare various weekly, monthly, and quarterly internal and external reporting for portfolio managers, lending partners, equity investors, credit ratings agencies, etc.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses for management or investors
- Assist team with various financing, fundraising, investor relations, or new product activities
- Finance or accounting degree, GPA 3.5+
- 1-3 years of experience in financial services either within Public Accounting or Industry
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, which include basic knowledge of macros and pivot tables
- CPA/CFA or other professional designation a plus