A multi-strategy, multi-manager hedge fund is seeking to hire an Operations Associate to join their team. The firm trades globally and across multiple asset classes and investment approaches. This position sits in close proximity to the traders, and focuses on all aspects of Middle Office and Operations from execution through settlement.
- Responsible for trade allocations, affirmation and settlement, daily reconciliations (positions, activity, fails & cash) processing of corporate actions, exercise/assignments, etc.
- Submission of all third party trade files to our counterparties (executing brokers, prime brokers, fund administrator)
- Collaboration with traders, prime brokers and fund administrators
- BA/ BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Mathmatics
- 3+ years of experience in a hedge fund or financial services operational role
- Experience with credit products (corporates, treasuries, convertibles, CDS & CDX)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPOint, Visio)
- Experience with Bloomberg, Imagine Software, FlexTrade, and Northern Trust Hedge Fund
- Solid analytical, organization and communication skills