A Venture Capital firm is looking to add a new team member to its Portfolio Operations team. This group works closely with investment professionals, investor relations, the finance team, and legal and is a integral role with the firm’s operations and investment process.
- Supporting the communication, process, and collaboration around investments.
- Owning and tracking the data around portfolio companies.
- Developing insights based on the portfolio data at a company and portfolio level.
- Supporting high touch projects at the portfolio or individual portfolio company level that require a financial modeling expertise.
- Portfolio Level: returns analysis, detailed data models to support finance team and fundraising efforts, etc.
- Portfolio Company Level: cash management, revenue modeling, financings, exit modeling, etc.
- Frequent interactions with portfolio company CEOs and CFOs
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in an operational finance role focused on financial modeling.
- Extreme interest in the venture capital/private equity business. Prior exposure to VC/PE a plus.
- Detail oriented with ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for innovation and driving efficiencies across operations.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience using other Microsoft products, databases, and G Suite.
- Data analytics – can understand the big picture behind a problem and work towards a solution.
- Ability to go through a financial statement and create a model.
- Exposure to Salesforce, CRM, or BI tools is a plus.
- Experience building dashboards is a plus