A real estate private equity firm based in New York is looking to add a new member to it’s team to assist with internal operations, accounting, transaction related work, investor relations and asset management.
- Effectively communicate with close knit Internal Team, Joint Venture Partners, Investors, Property Managers, Accountants, Lawyers and Lenders. Be a proper representative of the Atlas brand
- Proactively take on new assignments and deliver quality work product without errors
- Communicate results of property performance to investors for 30 Syndicated Real Estate Deals on a quarterly basis. Post quarterly letters, present distribution figures and upload property images/videos
- Compile and organize transaction information from Properties and Partnership Entities and present to 3rd party accountants while coordinating preparation of 100+ LLC tax returns and 2,000 investor K1s
- Cash management: Monitor cash balances, receivables and payables. Deposit checks received and download bank statements and activity for all deal entities quarterly.
- Provide support for Fund Raising, Acquisitions, Debt Refinancing, Dispositions and 1031 processing
- Assist in compiling company presentations and deal offering memorandums; Maintain deal track record and contact lists
- Facilitate smooth internal operations for the overall business: Scan physical mail, organize incoming email, book travel and hotels as needed, process expenses and allocate reimbursements. Maintain organization of deal and company electronic files/statements on Dropbox for easy retrieval
- Shop properties by doing online searching; General marketing research for company and specific deals ad hoc
- Work closely with the asset management team to review monthly reporting packages from each property, complete market analyses, participate in weekly calls with the property management staff, conduct audits and online marketing sweeps of social, online and PR presence, compile online tenant reviews and maintain property images/videos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance with strong academic record
- Big 4 or public accounting experience preferred
- Positive attitude; Demonstrated passion for your professional development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic; attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to apply and enhance existing skill set
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint; ability to organize, present and analyze information effectively
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Honesty and integrity; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Willingness to help with all aspects of company business; entrepreneurial