A medical group based in Miami that specializes in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, nutrition and digestive health is looking to hire a Senior Accountant to directly support the Controller.
- Responsible for independently managing a significant portion of the monthly accounting close process.
- Prepare schedules and entries for Sub-ledger and G/L accounting and reconciliations for various financial statement line-items, including Operating Expenses, Prepaid Assets, Accrued Expenses, etc. in order to close the books every month, quarter, and year.
- Reviews balance sheet and profit & loss financial statements to identify and resolve Accounting issues/errors during the month-end closing process.
- Works closely with the Director and Managers in the Revenue Cycle group to ensure accounts receivable ledgers are updated and reconciled with the billing/practice management system.
- Provides direction to Accounts Payable group regarding classification and allocation of vendor invoices.
- Prepares and/or reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensures timely resolution on outstanding items.
- Manages select contracts with third parties, including understanding and documenting key contract terms, ensuring billing and collections are current, etc.
- Serves as backup to treasury functions.
- Work together with other members of the accounting and finance team on process improvement initiatives, including streamlining of the monthly accounting close, improving financial and management reporting, integration of acquisitions, etc.
- Assists management in generating financial schedules and other items for external and internal auditors as needed.
- Proactively reports issues, makes recommendations for resolution and take appropriate initiative/actions.
- Minimum of a four-year Accounting and/or Finance degree from an accredited university.
- 2 to 3 years of accounting experience. Public accounting experience and CPA certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Demonstrated ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives. Demonstrates initiative to follow up on pending issues and organize assigned work.
- Strong desire to reduce month end closing period, and increase efficiencies
- Team building skills and the ability to establish effective relationships and rapport with a wide variety of individuals.
- Effective interpersonal skills working in a high-performing team and with different departments and organizational levels
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Intermediate computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook is required. Required Excel skills include being able to perform pivot and lookup tables, utilize financial functions, and create linked workbooks that are organized to facilitate easy completion and review while maintaining necessary controls over spreadsheets.
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills