A NY based real estate firm that is involved in every aspect of development, acquisition, management, finance, marketing and sales is looking to hire a Risk Analyst to assist in administering the risk management programs for the company’s real estate portfolios.
- Assist the Corporate Risk Manager in the management and administration of multiple insurance programs for the firm’s real estate portfolios and corporate operations
- Collect, organize and maintain underwriting data (vehicle schedules, environmental and property valuations) to be compiled and analyzed in schedule of values spreadsheets for policy renewals and tracking mid-term additions and deletions to submit monthly or quarterly adjustments to the various program
- Assist Corporate Risk Manager in the development of budgets, forecasts, financial reports, premium allocations, premium audits and retro calculations.
- Ensure receipt and accuracy of all binders, policies, endorsements and related documents, maintaining orderly and complete files.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients with the ability to prioritize multiple request and meet deadlines.
- Coordinate and provide responses to evidence of insurance and other documentation request for acquisitions, loans, third party investors or joint venture partners.
- Develop strong relationships with the various business unit personnel, other internal and external stakeholders to be a sought after resource for their risk management needs.
- Exceptional organization skills to plan policy renewal calendar to meet milestones necessary for a successful execution of marketing strategy as dictated by Corporate Risk Manager and CRO.
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of invoices to appropriate divisions, and with verifying timely payment. Respond to inquiries from internal clients.
- Ability to summarize coverage terms and conditions of a policy and communicate internal and external clients, as appropriate.
- Assist with asset acquisition due diligence by preparing accurate operational insurance cost projections, consulting on the required underwriting data and communicating acquisition information to brokers as necessary. Track all pending acquisitions and follow up with various parties as necessary to ensure timely delivery of due diligence information.
- Bachelor Degree Required (Risk Management or Finance preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years in the commercial insurance industry or risk management team preferred. Experience in the handling of complex real estate accounts preferred but not required.
- Ability to analyze complex problems; develop and communicate potential solutions.
- Expertise in Excel required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.