A Global Alternative Investment firm is currently seeking a talented Associate in the Real Estate Finance / Accounting Group within the NYC office. The candidate should have strong problem-solving skills, and ability to wear many job hats at the same time. The candidate for the position should have 2 to 4 years of experience in real estate operations, treasury, and capital markets functions. This person must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and very responsive to a fast-paced investment environment. A strong communicator is required given the exposure to senior members of the Investments along with Asset Management, Finance, Accounting, Marketing teams, along with firm's Banking network.
The position will assist with Capital Markets and Treasury functions for the Real Estate, Net Lease and Private Equity Entities. The projects worked on will help solidify liquidity, third party investment financing, investment acquisitions / dispositions, assessing risk on a multi-billion-dollar fx book supporting foreign investments (over 2,000 active trades), supporting senior member initiatives & decision making, as well as exposure to many other facets of Real Estate Capital Markets.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Liquidity & credit facility management for all Real Estate Funds
• Provide transaction support for the deal teams in the US and globally in the following areas:
• New Fund Support & SMA’s – Part of the team to help finalize the set up and on boarding new SMA’s for some of the largest institutional investors. This includes but not limited the following:
• Foreign Exchange & Hedging – Exposure to global fx / rates desks and banking relationships in order to support key decision making on international investments
• Investment level allocations – Monitor allocation procedures with complex Real Estate Funds with senior members of the team.
• Work directly with Senior team members, advisers, and consultants to provide ongoing support for multi-billion-dollar insurance program.
• Provide additional support and analysis in the following areas:
• Initiate and Manage RE/PE and Net Lease Payments banking system
• Maintain key banking relationships with various Global Banks
• Manage Tax payables via ACH or Check for all non-fund entities.
• Provide balance report updates to the global Real Estate group several times per week
• Direct communication with firm's vast Operating Partner network on investment accounts openings, KYC matters, and asset management.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
• 2 to 4 years of real estate accounting and/or financial experience
• Desire to learn and grow in the role
• Strong motivation to create technology efficiencies
• Excellent organizational and written communication skills
Like what you just read and think its worth sharing? Sharing is caring.