A New York City based private real estate investment group with their search for a Lease Admin. This role is responsible for all phases of lease files and will be in the office 4x a week with standard hours.
• Enter all new lease information and notes into MRI accounting system and maintain critical date tickler file. Follow up as required to ensure asset and property management and leasing are aware of any
approaching option dates and required action.
• Review and prepare for execution and distribution, leases and exhibits to proper parties.
• Create and maintain system of tracking expiration dates of leases. Tracking of all changes or adjustments necessary to lease documents received. (Amendments, Addendums, etc.)
• Serve as liaison between Landlord and Tenant with regard to each party’s compliance with all provisions of the lease.
• Work with property management to ensure certificates of insurance are current, commencement exhibits are executed, security deposit/LOC and operating expense information is correctly entered in MRI.
• Prepare and follow a continual audit schedule for all existing lease documents in the portfolio. Follow up with property management on any related action items. Perform property lease file audits.
• Oversee and track Tenant Improvement allowances and ensure that improvement is being administered properly and within lease guidelines.
• Participate in the due diligence process as it relates to lease documents both for acquisitions and dispositions.
• Prepare and update option exposure information to maintain awareness when granting options for new tenants.
• Review rental increases and communicate or send any notices that need to be sent to tenants.
• Coordinate monthly AR meetings and work with property management to ensure rent and other income are collected in a timely fashion and proper follow up is taken.
• Work with accounting to ensure other income (CAM, parking, storage, etc.) is collected in a timely fashion and review lease for compliance.
• Work with property management to ensure preparation of delinquency notices and initiation of appropriate action in the event of monetary default.
• Work with accounting and property management to audit operating expense billing both estimated prepayments and reconciliation to ensure accuracy.
• All other duties as assigned and associated with the day to day operation of a commercial real estate portfolio
• Minimum 5 years commercial lease administration experience
• College Diploma required
• Experience reading and interpreting real estate leases, including all related lease documents, is essential
• Experience with MRI software program preferred
• Detail oriented, analytical and computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Organized with ability to multitask while keeping track of priorities and maintaining big picture focus
• A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
• Superior communications skills, both verbal and written
• 100% covered health insurance
• Contribute to retirement
• Pre tax transit benefits
• Great work life balance
• Hybrid schedule
Like what you just read and think its worth sharing? Sharing is caring.