Renewable energy company seeks a resourceful and highly motivated individual to head its Tax group. This company is a market-leading owner and operator of renewable energy projects across the United States that acquires, develops, owns, operates, or has contracted more than 8 gigawatts of capacity among a portfolio of over 65 renewable energy projects. The individual in this role will become part of a small, inclusive, highly skilled team responsible for supporting its portfolio of wind and solar energy projects within a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, thoughtful problem solving, and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
In this role, you’ll oversee and manage the tax function for existing and new renewable projects across the U.S., as well as corporate entities. This will require liaising cross-functionally both internally and with external advisors to formulate, analyze, monitor, and implement strategy, compliance, and finance management for direct and indirect taxes. You’ll be expected to engage in tax modeling and various forms of federal, state, and local tax, accounting, management, and investor reporting, including tax filing review, taxable income forecasting, partnership accounting, hypothetical liquidation at book value (HLBV) modeling, yield tracking, deferred taxation (ASC 740), and budget vs. actual analysis. You’ll liaise with U.S.- and India-based deal team members, asset managers, treasury, affiliates’ tax teams, external consultants, and tax authorities for various tax-related matters. Responsibilities will include coordinating on key tax items across the company and focusing on initiatives related to establishing, standardizing, optimizing, and documenting tax processes, workflows, and controls.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Candidates should have at least 6 to 12 years of experience with renewable energy tax and partnership concepts.
• In-depth knowledge of tax equity structures and taxability of pass-through entities (including tax allocations for complex tiered partnership structures) is required for this role. Knowledge of financial principles and experience with complex transactions are pluses.
• Experience building and/or reviewing complex tax models in Excel is important for this role.
• Excellent analytical abilities, impressive communication and organizational skills, and superb attention to detail are all vital.
• The ability to lead and collaborate with teams located in different time zones and jurisdictions is of great importance. Experience mentoring, supervising, or managing junior team members is highly preferred.
• An MBA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Tax LLM, or similar certification are all pluses but are not required.
Like what you just read and think its worth sharing? Sharing is caring.