OPEN POSITION: Valuations Senior Analyst
LOCATION: San Francisco / New York
THE FIRM is seeking to hire a Valuations Senior Analyst to join their finance team. This role will be a key member of the group reporting directly to the Valuations Manager, while working closely with the Private Equity / Real Estate / FoF investment teams, to evaluate, analyze, and summarize valuation and performance results for THE FIRM’s direct investment portfolio on a regular basis.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on valuation analysis on some of the most exciting and category-defining companies that THE FIRM’s Growth, THE FIRM’s technology-focused growth equity platform, invests in and partners with.
Over time, the applicant is expected to become an expert on valuation knowledge and a thought partner within the group. We believe this is an unparalleled opportunity that combines analytical thinking, problem solving, technical excellence, effective communication, cross-functional teaming, as well as strong project management skills.
• Develop subject matter expertise in all things valuation, including industry and investment specific valuation methodologies and reporting requirements, with a specialization in debt and complex securities
• Own the beginning to end process for preparation of valuation memos for private equity fund investments and SPVs in accordance with valuation policy and ASC 820
• Work with third party appraisers to obtain real estate property appraisals and perform fund level valuations
• Maintain data set used for preparation of company valuations including tracking private company financials, financings, cap tables, and projections as needed
• Manage iLevel data collection platform and analytics software tool
• Consult with investment associates and senior team on a regular basis to gather company updates and feedback for valuation analysis
• Prepare summary exhibits and assist with the quarterly valuation committee meetings to discuss proposed valuations and garner approval
• Provide audit and investor relations support for portfolio company valuation related queries
• Prepare and maintain performance calculations for investments and funds
• Support the finance and investment teams with special projects including preparing materials for meetings and providing ad-hoc reporting with respect to company valuations and fund/investment performance metrics
• Assist with back-testing and maintenance of valuation policy / procedures / governance
Like what you just read and think its worth sharing? Sharing is caring.