The Investor Relations Associate will have responsibilities over various functions within the growing, institutional private equity fund platform including but not limited to investor relations, portfolio management, the annual investor meeting, fundraising, marketing and other special initiatives. This position will also support key project initiatives to improve business and operational effectiveness and efficiency across the platform. This position will work across the platform including with multiple departments and senior team members. The Associate shall have an orientation to action, analytical rigor, interest in real estate investments, and be excited to contribute to the operations side of the business through ongoing investor relationship activities and project-based assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Investor Relations/Portfolio Management:
• Prepare ongoing materials for existing investors, including the quarterly investor update letter as well as supplemental investor requests
• Develop presentation materials and detailed case studies of recent investments for fundraising initiatives and investor update meetings/visits, and prepare associated follow ups
• Conduct research on prospective investor targets, including historical investment trends, existing portfolio, team member affiliations, etc.
• Prepare responses to investor due diligence questionnaires and other investor inquiries, including quantitative and qualitative information
• Contribute to portfolio management activities including analysis on platform and portfolio metrics
• Assist with Investor Portal activities, including communicating directly with investors via the portal and capturing market information/key investor updates
• Assist with preparation of the annual investor meeting presentation and other supplementary materials
• Conduct detailed research/analysis on the healthcare industry, real estate market and macroeconomic trends for presentation preparation in conjunction with the Investments Team; prepare detailed charts/graphics with relevant information
• Assist with preparation of annual investor meeting talking points, including working with senior team members
• Lead annual property tour planning, including determining tour route, interfacing with healthcare provider hosts, and preparing internal preparation materials & investor-facing materials
• Participate in annual meeting preparation and decision making including interfacing with the Administrative Assistant Team on event planning and meeting logistics
• Support the business development team by working with Hammes’ Director of Marketing on collateral requests, with an eye toward investor-friendly content and compliance with SEC requirements • Prepare and review content for the firm website, such as team member biographies and investment case study examples
• Prepare for industry conference attendance, ensuring attendees are prepared and planned messaging is consistent with firm strategies; liaise with the Head of Investments, Hammes’ Director of Marketing and the business development team General Operations:
• Assist with platform-wide oversight on adherence to processes and procedures as well as advance the development/implementation of new, improved processes
• Participate in special initiatives and projects as assigned Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job successfully.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of relevant professional work experience. Prior experience with private equity, institutional investments, investment banking, consulting and/or SEC-regulated entities is preferred.
• Strong quantitative/analytical skills and comfort working with data
• Strong organizational and communication skills, including meticulous attention to detail and ability to maintain meticulous attention to details despite pressing deadlines
• Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a demanding, time-sensitive workload.
• Commitment to excellence, personal integrity, and confidentiality.
• Highly collaborative with a team-first mindset.
• Energetic and motivated self-starter that can own complex projects with minimal oversight.
• Demonstrates an ability to provide superior support to accomplish business goals.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Power Point, Word, and Excel with a keen eye to formatting materials to investor-facing caliber.