A Global Asset Management firm is looking for a Tax Associate as part of the Tax team. This is a role that will work closely within the tax team and with the fund accountants on credit-focused, securities, and structured finance investment funds. The Firm is looking for a candidate with 2 years public accounting/private financial services industry experience. These responsibilities would be varied and go across our fund platform. This professional would leverage our tax managers for fund tax compliance, workpaper preparation and tax return review, work closely with our outside tax advisors and be responsible for tax research, serve as the primary link to administrator, assist with FATCA, FBAR, book accounting matters, securities position analysis, assist with tax notices, etc.
• Role will assist in the review of tax filings, K-1s
• Preparation of tax estimates and projections
• Assist with document retention, memos on reorgs
• Local Management Company filings like Sales Tax, Rent Tax, and other local filings
• Prepare Tax basis for historical funds
• Minimum of 2 years of public tax accounting experience
• Undergraduate/Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
• Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, as well as PowerPoint).
• Financial services or Hedge Fund experience preferred.
• Team player and collaborator; excellent communications skills.
• Must be motivated, organized, flexible and proactive.
• Must have CPA or CPA exam parts passed
Like what you just read and think its worth sharing? Sharing is caring.